Makes 2 (9-inch) deep-dish pie
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup evaporated milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- For crust: In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Leave oven on.
- For filling: In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Pour into prepared crust.
- For swirl: In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto filling, and gently swirl together with a knife. Cover edges of crust with foil.
- Bake on bottom rack of oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees, and bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes more. Let cool completely on a wire rack.