The Illinois Small Business Development Center at Danville Area Community College is seeking nominations for its Small Business Awards. Carol Nichols, Director of the Center at DACC, says awards will be given in five categories. They include:
- Small Business of the Year – which recognizes a small business that has passed the initial start-up phase and accomplished expansion goals. This award is given to a business that has been operating 2 or more years.
- Small Business Start-Up of the Year – recognizes a business that has been operating less than 2 years. The business has successfully completed a business plan, obtained financing and opened its doors.
- Entrepreneur of the Year – recognizes a small business owner who has distinguished themselves by achieving a business goal or by overcoming adversity to continue their business operation.
- Legacy Business of the Year recognizes a small business that has successfully operated for 10 years or more.
- Incubator Small Business of the Year recognizes a small business that is home-based or operates out of a co-work space, incubator, commercial kitchen or consignment space.
Anyone can nominate a business for this year’s awards. You can email your nomination to email@example.com by Friday, March 8th at 5:00 p.m. Or mail your nomination by getting a nomination form at www.dacc.edu/sbdc. The winners will be recognized at a breakfast on May 9th, 2019 at the Danville Country Club.