Makes 1 (9-inch) cake
2 (9-ounce) packages yellow cake mix (such as Jiffy Golden Yellow)
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups whole buttermilk, divided
1 (15.5-ounce) can cream of coconut
1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 cup sweetened, flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9-inch square cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mixes, eggs, and 1 cup buttermilk until well combined. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. using a fork, poke holes all over top of warm cake.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream of coconut and remaining 1/2 cup buttermilk; slowly pour mixture all over cake, letting it absorb. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, spread whipped topping onto cake, and sprinkle with coconut.
Topping: 2 cups of milk and coconut instant pudding.