Danville Public Safety Director Christopher Yates has announced the final results of a city-wide multi-agency cooperative enforcement detail. He says Vermilion County Sheriff’s Police, Vermilion County Metropolitan Enforcement Group and the Illinois State Police Special Enforcement Team (S.E.T.) and Danville Police conducted the sweep on Thursday, May 9th.
Director Yates says a month-long investigative intelligence gathering effort led to the focus on violent and high-crime areas. ‘’Intelligence was collected from law enforcement investigations and community complaints and requests,’’ said Yates.
Yates says the sweep lasted about three hours, and during that period it resulted with 21 custodial arrests including:
- 6 fugitives wanted on outstanding warrants, including one for Robbery and one for Narcotics Distribution;
- 2 for possession of cocaine;
- 1 for possession of methamphetamine;
- 2 for illegal possession or unlawful use of a firearm (1 firearm had been reported stolen.
The sweep also resulted with:
- 4 arrests in which suspects were given notices to appear in court;
- 23 citations (primarily for suspended or revoked licenses and uninsured motorists;
- 41 warnings were also given during the period.
‘’All agencies involved have an on-going cooperative relationship that will continue to put forth their collective resources to ensure confidence in our community,’’ added Yates.