Preliminary damage estimates are being placed near $25-thousand dollars in a fire which struck a Danville home Friday evening (July 26, 2019). Firefighters found smoke coming from the eves of the two-story home at 701 Bliesath Street when they arrived shortly after 7:00 p.m. They were on the scene for nearly three hours.
Fire officials say an adult was busy outside the home when some children came outside and said the home was filling with smoke. The adult made sure everyone was safely outside and called 9-1-1.
The cause of the fire is being listed as accidental. It apparently started when some problems developed with an exhaust fan in a bathroom.
Bliesath Street is located on Danville’s southeast side. (It runs off Texas Avenue.)