Dog Credited With Saving Danville Family

Dog Credited With Saving Danville Family

A dog is being credited with saving four members of a Danville family whose home was struck by fire early today (Monday, Aug. 5, 2019).    The dog roused members of the Marcus Wilson family allowing them to escape from their home at 1023 Cleveland Street.

[Fire struck this home in Danville early Monday, and a dog is credited with saving four people.]

There were no injuries to either the home’s occupants or firefighters. But the interior of the single-story home was destroyed.

Marcus Wilson, who is 46, along with 43-year-old Kowanna Wilson and two children – ages six and five – were in the home when the fire broke out.   Danville Firefighters received the alarm at 4:15 a.m. and were on the scene for two-and-a-half hours.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family, but others who would like to help can call (217) 597-5069  or (217) 597-0432.