The Danville Police Department has announced that Danville residents may now register their exterior security cameras with the Danville Police Department. In an effort to partner with our community the camera registration program would allow officers to quickly determine where footage of a crime may be captured so they can review footage and begin the investigative process. The camera registration form is just one click away located on the City of Danville, Illinois homepage as well as the Danville Police Department page from the City of Danville website. Residents with any questions regarding the program may contact the Danville Police Department at 217-431-2220.
1. Registration is entirely voluntary.
2. Registrant information is reserved for official use by the City of Danville Police Department.
3. No police personnel will have direct access to registrant’s camera.
4. If necessary, the City of Danville Police Department will contact you directly, using the information you provided on this site to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
5. Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the City of Danville Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding or to assist with the investigation.
6. An individual’s personal information will be kept confidential by the City, unless subject to disclosure by court order.
7. Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent and/or employee of the City of Danville and/or the City of Danville Police Department.
8. Under no circumstances shall the City of Danville utilize any information obtained to view footage/feeds directly from cameras owned by registrants.
9. By clicking the “I Accept” button, you are signing this Agreement electronically. You agree your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual/handwritten signature on this Agreement. By selecting “I Accept” you consent to be legally bound to this Agreement’s terms and conditions.