Danville’s historic Fischer Theatre has more holiday movie favorites lined-up…starting tonight (December 11, 2019). The Fischer is showing ‘National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation’ starting at 7:00 p.m.
Jason Rome, Executive Director of the Fischer, says showing the movies has one key goal…
[‘’Get the theatre open and active and give some things for the community to do. That’s our number one priority is to be able to provide access to this place to the community,’’ said Rome. ‘’And the Christmas season – what better way to do it than a lot of the movies folks have been requesting?’’]
So was it difficult to get the necessary permission to show the movies?
[‘’You know, it took a lot on the front end. It took a lot of paperwork and fun stuff like that to build the relationship with the production company (so) that you can then begin to request these shows,’’ said Rome (shown in photo) during an interview with VermilionCountyFirst.com News. ‘’But now that we’re all set in place, it’s a fairly simple process. So moving forward you can expect a lot more of this.’’]
Other movies that will be shown at the Fischer Theatre this month include:
- ‘Scrooged’ with Bill Murray on Tuesday, December 17th at 7:00 p.m.
- ‘A Christmas Story’ on Friday, December 20th at 7:00 p.m.
- ‘The Polar Express’ on Saturday, December 21st at 2:00 and 6:00 p.m.
- ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ with James Stewart and Donna Reed at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 22nd.
- ‘White Christmas’ starring Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 28th.
- ‘White Christmas’ starring Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 29th.
In addition the Fischer will be showing ‘The Goonies’ at 2:00 and 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 1st – New Year’s Day.
For each movie the cost of admission is $5-dollars.
It is not part of the movie series, but another event this month at the Fischer Theatre is the Danville Barbershop Chorus Benefit for Fair Hope Ministries. It is Saturday, December 14th at 3:30 p.m. Admission for the Danville Barbershop Chorus Benefit is $10-dollars.