Cook time: 24 Hr Prep time: 20 min Serves: 40 balls
2 large bananas, mashed (can be frozen)
2 c peanut butter
2 c powdered sugar (Doc says add more if needed)
1/2 pkg chocolate almond bark (Doc says use milk chocolate instead!)
- In a stand mixer, blend bananas and peanut butter. Add powdered sugar. Mix well. It will still be kinda sticky.
- Using a small (1 oz) cookie scoop, scoop balls. Place 1 inch apart onto parchment lined cookie sheets that fit in your freezer. Balls will spread slightly.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours.
- reshape balls by rolling between your palms. Replace onto parchment/cookie sheets, return to freezer for 24 hrs. Balls must be completely frozen before dipping. If not, they’;ll melt in the chocolate and leave bits ruining the smooth finish of the chocolate.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler.
- Work quickly and in small batched. Leave most balls in the freezer until ready for them. Use a toothpick to gently pick one ball and dip into chocolate. Use a spoon to cover the top. Gently jiggle the ball to assist excess chocolate to drip off. (Too much and it will pool below the ball.) Place on another parchment/cookie sheet. Sprinkle a small amount of kosher salt. Leave the toothpick in while you dip/sprinkle the next ball.
- 7. back to the ball before, gently twist the toothpick out.
- With the clean end of a toothpick (or fresh one) take a small dab of melted chocolate and seal the hole. Sprinkle more salt if you like.
- Note: If you don’t seal it, the filling will “worm” its way out. repeat steps 6-8 until all balls are coated.
- Once the chocolate is set, transfer balls into a sealable container. Place in fridge for 2-3 hrs.